Blog Categories:
New Blogs
Recently, I have had numerous General Contractors, subtrades and even home owners ask me this question: Why do we need first aid coverage? This is unheard of in residential construction!

If you picked up the phone and asked Worksafe BC this question, they would give you a legal requirement for first aid coverage. They would talk to you about all employer’s legal mandate to complete a first aid assessment. They would point you to the Occupational Health and Safety Guidelines to First Aid and your industries assigned hazard rating. You would look up tables to determine your requirements based on your proximity to a hospital and the number of workers on site.

SURPRISE!!! Residential construction is rated a high risk industry and a certified Occupational First Aid Level One attendant and supplies are required on site if there is more than one worker on site. More than 15 workers on site requires a level 2 attendant.
Blog ID : 91731 | Date Added : 21-3-2012

Category : Business

RSS Feed : SafetySolutionsAt Work

Twitter : safetyokanagan